Who Needs Progesterone?
The simple answer is Everyone! But, especially women, due to the fact:
Progesterone is the Master Hormone in All Women
What Does Progesterone Do For Me?
- Supports the body to protect against breast fibrocysts
- Helps use fat for energy
- Natural diuretic
- Natural anti-depressant & calms anxiety
- Supports the body to prevent cyclical migraines
- Promotes normal sleep patterns
- Facilitates thyroid hormone function
- Helps normalize blood sugar levels
- Normalizes blood clotting
- Helps restores normal libido
(female body makes testosterone from progesterone)
- Normalizes zinc and copper levels
- Restores proper cell oxygen levels
Progesterone Benefits, cont...
- Supports the body not to have endometrial cancer
- Supports the body to help prevent breast cancer
- Supports decreased risk of prostate cancer in men
- Supports the body to stimulate new bone formation
- Improves vascular tone
- Supports the body to prevents autoimmune diseases
- Increases sensitivity of estrogen receptors
- Necessary for survival of embryo
- Precursor of corticosteroid biosynthesis
- Supports the body to ability to prevent coronary artery spasm/atherosclerotic plaque.
- Supports the body to overcome sleepiness, depression
(progesterone is called the “Happy Hormone”)
- Supports the body to to cope with digestive problems
What If I Have Too Much Estrogen & Not Enough Progesterone?
- Breast cell stimulation (fibrocystic breasts*)
- Increased body fat and weight gain*
- Salt and fluid retention
- Depression, anxiety, and headaches*
- Cyclical migraines*
- Poor sleep patterns*
- Interferes with thyroid hormone function*
- Impairs blood sugar control*
- Increased risk of blood clots*
- Little or no libido effect*
- Loss of zinc and retention of copper*
- Reduced oxygen levels in all cells*
- Causes endometrial cancer*
Estrogen's Effects (a mixed bag...)
- Increased risk of breast cancer
- Increased risk of prostate cancer
- Increased risk of gall bladder disease
- Reduces vascular tone
- Triggers autoimmune diseases
- Interferes with progesterone receptors
- Relieves hot flashes***
- Prevents vaginal dryness & mucosal atrophy***
- Restrains bone loss***
- Improves memory***
- Improves sleep ***
- Improves health of urinary tract***
- Relieves night sweats***
What Could Possibly Interfere With My Progesterone ?
Currently in the US there are more than 100,000 petroleum derived chemicals in the cosmetic industry alone called petro-chemicals and their use has been on the increase since the 1960’s!
- The average woman applies over 300 chemicals daily. Soaps, makeup, shampoos, and hair or body care products. Plugins are the Worst.
- 26 seconds after exposure, these chemicals are found in measurable amounts inside your body.
- Many meat & dairy products are often grown with the use of synthetic estrogens for profit.
- Most pesticides on your fruit and veggies are also from petroleum-derived chemicals.
What effect do EDC’s have on your Hormones? The prevalence of these chemicals have been shown to disrupt your endocrine system and are a primary reason women (and men) are not making & utilizing sufficient natural hormones.